The virtual private network (VPN) is a secure method of remotely accessing USC computer resources. The VPN encrypts all traffic to and from a computer in order to prevent others from viewing the information. VPN also provides the user with a virtual USC IP address that allows access to restricted USC resources.
Installing the VPN Client
Accessing the VPN
Once the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client is installed, follow the below instructions to connect to the VPN. These instructions are for Windows 10, however they will be similar for Windows 7 and 8.1. For instructions for other Operating Systems, please see the sidebar on ITS's VPN page.
- Open the Start Menu.
- Click All Programs.
- Click the Cisco folder to open it.
- Click the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client.
- On the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client screen, click Connect.
- On the Cisco AnyConnect screen, choose the appropriate VPN Group Authentication Profile for your location from the Group pull-down menu. For information describing each of these authentication profiles, please see the VPN Frequently Asked Questions page. Generally leaving the default of 1-Wireless is fine.
Enter your USC username and password.
- Click OK.
- Once you are connected, you will see the below icon, located in the bottom right corner of your screen near the clock, which indicates connection to the VPN.