Note: these instructions are designed to work on computers running Windows 8 or 8.1.
The instructions will work for Windows 10, but the location of the icons will be different.
USC’s AnyConnect VPN Client can be configured to allow you to login to the USC VPN while you are at the logon screen and before you access your Windows user account. To connect to the USC VPN using this method, follow these instructions:
- Check to ensure that you have an active wireless network connection on your device.
- If you are not currently connected to a wireless network, click on the wireless icon (as shown below) and select a wireless network to connect to.
For Windows 10, the wireless network icon will be on the lower right corner of the screen.
- Once connected, click on the VPN Connection icon in the lower left of the login window.
For Windows 10, the VPN icon will be in the lower right corner of the screen.
- The connection window will pop up. If the small text box in the window is blank, enter sslvpn.usc.edu and click Connect. If that server URL is already entered, just click Connect.
- Enter your USCNet Shibboleth credentials into the sign in window that appears (shown below). The software will then initialize the connection and you may then login once it connects successfully.