New Provost accounts are automatically created for student workers, staff members and faculty who begin work in a Provost IT-supported department. iVIPs (affiliates) do not get accounts automatically created for them.
In the even you need to manually request that we create an account for someone, the following information is required:
- First and last name of new employee/student worker
- USC NetID of employee (assigned by ITS, generally the portion of their email before the @usc.edu)
- Employee supervisor's name
- Employee's Department
- List of the access the employee will need. This will include access to shard folders on the network drive, and certain specific servers or sites that we manage for your department.
- Employee Affiliation - Staff, Faculty, iVIP, or Student Worker
- For Student Workers: Graduation Date, or End of employment date.
The form for requesting the new account can be found here: Request New Provost IT Account